National Liberty Museum tickets
Explore freedom, as an American heritage, at the National Liberty Museum. Located right in the heart of historic Philadelphia, the museum encourages all visitors to find their own place in the story of liberty as it relates to American history and explore topics such as leadership, good character, diversity and inclusion, peaceful conflict resolution, civic engagement, and more.
You’ll hear 8 stories of heroes from diverse walks of life and interact with an engaging collection of contemporary art that examine topics of freedom, liberty, and justice for all through interactive exhibits and galleries.
The Philadelphia Pass is the best choice for maximum savings and flexibility.
Once you walk through the front doors, you’ll be in the Welcome to Liberty gallery where you can touch and take a picture with an exact replica of the Liberty Bell made by the Whitechapel Bell Foundry in London – ask one of the visitor service staff members to ring it for you. After seeing the Liberty Bell, take your time exploring the rest of the Welcome to Liberty featuring beautiful glass art and an interactive iPad exhibit with stories of heroes and quizzes. Finally, watch a film in the museum’s immersive theater that explores the sights and sounds of liberty.
In addition to the museum’s permanent galleries, you’ll get entry to the National Liberty Museum’s temporary exhibits that are on display during your visit as well that further explore topics of Liberty in America.
What to expect:
The Philadelphia Pass gets you free self-guided, General Admission tickets to the National Liberty Museum.
- Welcome to Liberty Gallery: an interactive space that welcomes visitors by introducing the museum’s themes, mission, and what to expect.
- Liberty Hall: a meeting room with a collection of important, historic artifacts and artwork.
- Voyage to Liberty: filled with biblical scenes in stained glass, this gallery delves into the history of the colonists who came to America seeking religious freedom.
- Heroes from Around the World: exhibits that explore important actors in the story of liberty in the United States – see the famous 21-foot glass flame designed by Dale Chihuly to represent the power of liberty to evolve from a spark to a flame, Anne Frank’s secret annex, and Nelson Mandela’s jail cell.
- Live Like a Hero: this gallery honors people of diverse backgrounds who work together to keep their communities strong and protect the right to freedom of individuals within their communities.
- Education Center: a hands-on classroom space that explores some of the pillars that develop leadership through character education.
- Inspiration Exhibit: a celebration of Americans who have faced physical, cognitive, or psychological challenges with courage, determination, and hope.
- Heroes of 9/11 Memorial: an exhibit that pays tribute to the heroes of 9/11 and educates the public on the day’s events through video footage, photographs, and more in a moving showcase of the victory of freedom over terrorism.
Your pass includes National Liberty Museum tickets, plus admission to dozens more top attractions.
Present your pass at the admission desk
Winter: Monday-Friday, 11am-4pm;
Saturday, 10am-5pm; Sunday, 12-5pm
Spring: 7 days a week, 10am-5pm
Summer: 7 days a week, 10am-6pm
Fall: 7 days a week, 10am-5pm
321 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Reviews for National Liberty Museum